The Octagon is committed to supporting young people in their personal development and on their first steps into the world of work.
Our work experience programme provides 1-week placements where students will be based at the Octagon and provided a high-quality insight into a range of careers that are available in theatre.
Working with our Creative Engagement team during your week, you will:
- have opportunities to shadow staff across our departments including Marketing, Box Office and Production;
- attend our participation groups;
- watch a performance (subject to dates and availability).
Please Note: We have currently filled all work experience slots up until September 2024.
How to Apply
To apply for a placement email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name, age and school
- The week(s) you are available (please note we do not take work experience placements during school holidays)
- Why you would like a placement with the Octagon
- What you would like to learn from work experience at the Octagon
We receive many work experience requests and unfortunately are unable to accommodate everyone who applies. We give priority to young people who are:
- Age 14-16 (years 10 and 11 at school)
- Living or studying in Bolton
- Interested in a career in theatre