We champion and support directors, designers, theatre makers and other creative artists.
This page outlines our core support programmes for artists, including but not limited to:
- directors, (including movement directors/choreographers, musical directors and fight directors)
- designers (including set, costume, lighting, sound and video designers)
- theatre makers
In addition to these programmes, we warmly invite artists to say hello, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the GM Artists Hub, particularly if you are based in or have a strong connection to Bolton and/or the North West.
In addition to the below, we can (subject to availability) offer support including:
- Informal artistic feedback and discussions about your ideas
- Support with future planning, and producing support
- Rehearsal space and supported residencies (subject to availability and approval)
- Signposting to jobs, opportunities and information
We also regularly host call-outs for one off events such as open mic nights, spoken word events and more. Call outs are posted on social media, our artist newsletter, and on our website.
We are most likely to support those who share our values and are interested in building meaningful relationships with the Octagon, and our regular and new audiences.
The Octagon relies on the incredible talent and creativity of a huge range of theatre artists and other freelancers. We greatly vale your interest in the Octagon and appreciate your skills, commitment and passion.
We've come together to offer our support to the independent practitioners, artists, and companies of Greater Manchester.
The Octagon frequently works with freelance directors, and we are particularly interested in working with local talent.
We are committed to working with local talent.