A chance for Boltonians to come and flout their spoken word talents!
Join us for an evening of fresh talent in the Octagon’s first spoken word event in celebration of the world premiere of SEAGULLS – a new piece of gig theatre.
Hosted by Alex Ferguson, we are delighted to welcome acclaimed spoken word artist Ciaran Hodgers as our headliner and excited to be taking submissions for poets to come and perform their 3 minute pieces.
Interested in performing?
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- You will need to record yourself speaking the poem, it can be an audio or video recording, as well as a written copy.
- The poem should last a maximum of 3 minutes when performed aloud.
- It should be on the topic of ‘coming of age’, in keeping with the show Seagulls, and the dilemmas the character’s face in this exciting modern adaption of Chekov’s classic. We welcome interpretations as broad as possible on this topic; it could be about someone at any stage of life, or not even about a person, about a thing, a place, or group of people.
- You will need to send a dropbox or wetransfer link to us on Olivia.Barr@octagonbolton.co.uk, in an email entitled ‘Own Words: Poetry Submission [FIRST NAME] [LAST NAME]’. a drop box link with the audio/video recording and word document is preferable.
- No hate speech will be tolerated, including, but not limited to homophobic, transphobic, racist, anti-semitic, sexist or disablist language.
- You must be 14+ to enter your poem.
The deadline for this is Mon 14 October 2019. All applicants will hear whether they have been successful by Fri 18 October.
Performers get a free ticket to Seagulls at 7.30pm on Mon 4 Nov.
We can’t wait to read your submissions!
FREE - but we advise booking in advance
The event starts at 6pm and finishes at 7pm
Lecture Theatre 2 at Bolton Library and Museum
Bolton Museum, Aquarium and Archive, Le Mans Cres, Bolton BL1 1SE