Tickets reserved by telephone or in person must be paid for within three working days of the reservation. Tickets reserved on the day of performance must be paid for half an hour prior to the scheduled start time of the performance, or they will be released.
Online bookings require immediate payment.
If the performance is within 5 days of the booking date then tickets will be held at the Box Office for collection.
On receipt of your tickets, please check that they are for the correct performance, date and time as mistakes cannot necessarily be rectified on the day of performance.
We accept Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, UK Maestro, Delta, Solo and Electron cards. A 50p charge applies to bookings made by credit/debit card.
Theatre Tokens are also sold and accepted.
Tickets are posted out or can be collected from the Box Office, there is a postage charge of 50p.
Cheques should be made payable to ‘Octagon Theatre Trust Ltd.’
Tickets may be exchanged for similar priced tickets for another performance subject to availability and at our discretion. In order to make the exchange, please notify the box office and ensure tickets are returned at least 24 hours prior to the performance date you were originally due to attend. All exchanges are subject to a £1 per ticket administration charge. We regret we are unable to offer ticket refunds, unless the Octagon has had to cancel a performance.
Theatre Tokens are on sale and make a distinctive and unique present for any occasion. Tokens start from just £1 and are available from the Box Office.
If you arrive after the performance has started or need to leave the auditorium during the performance, you may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before you can be admitted.
The Theatre Management reserves the right to:
- Refuse admission to the Theatre.
- Request any ticket holder to leave the Theatre.
- All tickets are sold subject to the Theatre Management’s right to alter the advertised programme or cast in the event of illness or unavoidable cause, without prior notification.
- The Theatre Management reserves the right, in extreme circumstances, to cancel any performance without notice. Every effort will be made to contact customers in advance and a full refund will be provided.
- Some productions may contain smoking, strong language and/or themes of an adult nature. The Octagon advertises age guidance information where appropriate. We advise customers ask at the time of booking if additional information is required.
- All customers must be accounted for in the auditoria.
- All customers require a valid ticket.
- We do not admit babes in arms (children under 18 months).
- The use of cameras, video and audio equipment within the auditoria is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones, pagers and watch alarms are an irritant to both actors and audience and must be switched off prior to entering the auditorium.
- The Octagon Theatre is a non-smoking building. We ask our customers to refrain from the use of electronic cigarettes in all areas of the Octagon as it is potentially disruptive, causes confusion and can be a distraction.