Octagon Reimagined will see the largest transformation of the building in its 50 year history and will include the following changes to help improve the work we do and the experience of our audiences...
- The building will be more accessible than ever before for those mobility impaired or in wheelchairs both in backstage and audience areas.
- A changing place toilet installed as well as increased provision for accessible toilets on every level.
Audience experience and comfort will be improved by:
- New seating in the auditorium
- Improved temperature control in the auditorium and studio
- More toilets.
- A new two-floor café/bar
- A new entrance and foyer to create an open and welcoming area
- Hospitality space with catering that can be hired out to groups
The new building will help us to increase the work we do with young people and the community by:
- Increased amount of space available for youth theatre and community groups throughout the building.
- A new classroom sized learning space.
The excellence of the Octagon’s future work will be assured by:
- New backstage area for scenery “get ins” and “get outs”
- A larger and fully accessible rehearsal room
- Larger and improved wardrobe and fitting rooms
- Larger, improved and fully accessible dressing rooms
- A new digital studio to increase the Octagon’s digital capability.
- A new office area and green room for staff and creatives
find out how you can help support the project