We're asking the people of Bolton to answer eight questions as part of a project for the reopening of the theatre.
We are calling out to our audiences and the wider community in Bolton, to hear about people’s experiences of 2020 and hopes for the future by inviting people to respond to eight questions; the answers will inspire a new project for the opening of the new Octagon after a major redevelopment.
The 8 questions are:
- What are three words which sum up 2020 for you?
- What image or moment of 2020 will be the one thing that stays with you?
- Is there something positive that you have experienced or learnt during 2020?
- What are three words that sum up Bolton for you?
- If you could speak to Bolton, what would you say?
- What taste/smell/sound sums up Bolton for you?
- What is one thing that might surprise people about Bolton?
- What are your hopes for the future?
Artistic Director Lotte Wakeham commented: “Here at the Octagon we passionately believe that everyone’s story matters, and to celebrate our new building opening to the public, we’d love to hear your own words about your experiences of this truly bizarre year and also your thoughts about Bolton and your hopes for the future. We plan to share your words and your stories in a special project during the opening period of our new building. This is your theatre, and your creative home, so it feels right that the words, thoughts and ideas of the people in our community should take centre stage. We can’t wait to hear from you.”
Your answers can be either a couple of words, a full sentence or a longer paragraph – whatever you feel. There are no right or wrong answers, we’re just excited to hear your thoughts. If you aren't able to answer all the questions, then please just answer the ones which you can.
You can answer the questions by
- Filling in an online survey by clicking here
- Emailing your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting your answers to Octagon Theatre, Howell Croft South, BL1 1SB
- Or call our box office on 07860703688 and giving your answers to a member of staff over the phone.
The survey will be open for answers until Sat 1 November and we look forward to reading your responses.