If you are aged 50+ find out how you can get involved in a new summer festival.
Are you over 50 and living in Bolton? Do you want to get involved in designing a festival celebrating creativity in over 50s?
We are looking for motivated members of the community who are passionate about being creative to help us design our ReAct Festival. ReAct is the Octagon’s programme of work for over 50s, supported by the National Lottery Community Fund to improve wellbeing through creativity.
As a Community Creator you will attend regular sessions over the next few months with your fellow Community Creators.
The festival will take place from the Mon 11 - Sat 16 July 2022 and will involve theatre, music, poetry, movement, visual art and more.
You don’t need to have any particular experience and you don’t need to have done anything similar before. We want to hear from a range of voices - from people new to the Octagon and from old friends.
What does this opportunity involve?
- Joining a team of Community Creators to help design a festival that celebrates the creativity of over 50s in Bolton
- Attending design sessions and some festival events
- Being open minded, thinking imaginatively and working creatively within parameters
- Being honest and sharing your opinions
- Being supported by Octagon staff
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits at design sessions
Design sessions: 19 April, 10 May, 24 May, 7 June and 21 June. All sessions are on Tuesdays from 5-6pm.
Festival: Mon 11 - Sat 16 July plus a follow up evaluation session (TBC)
Please note: you don’t need to be available for all dates, but should be able to attend most of them.
If you’d like to take part, please contact Caitlin Gleeson by the Tue 12 April with:
- the dates you’re available
- why you’d like to take part
- what you would bring to the team
Due to capacity, we regret that not everyone who expresses an interest will be able to join but we will be in touch with everyone who applies.
For more information or to apply, contact Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07930 689292. Please note this phone is only staffed 9.30-5.30, Monday-Wednesday.Find out more about ReAct programme here