Access to the arts can have a transformative and lasting effect on many aspects of young people's lives, helping those with behavioural difficulties, enhancing community pride and increasing overall academic attainment.
The Octagon can provide bespoke Education sessions for both Primary and Secondary schools, creating stimulating, challenging, culturally relevant educational resources that encourage creativity and breed a love of theatre.
Across our programme of events, we have great shows suitable for schools, from our family festive show to Shakespeare to set GCSE texts.
GREAT RATES FOR SCHOOLS:
- Save up to £6.50 per ticket
- 1 free teacher for every 15 pupil tickets purchased (1 in 10 for our festive show)
- BOOK NOW AND PAY LATER (payment required 2 months before your visit)
Prices vary across the year – visit our show pages for exact details.
Workshops can be run in conjunction with our main auditorium shows; these sessions will be a practical exploration of the issues raised in the text. We can also provide workshops that creatively explore issues and topics that are covered in PSHE.
To find out more or to book, contact a member of our team call 01204 556501 or email@example.com.
We regularly hold Teachers' Forum events and are always looking to recruit more individuals who work in education to attend. Membership for our Teachers' Forum is completely free, it is an opportunity to share ideas and issues with like-minded professionals, as well as to enjoy free invites to Octagon productions. We will also keep you up to date on any professional development and education opportunities that the Theatre may offer.
To become a member of the Teachers' Forum please email Imogen Woolrich, Education Practitioner on firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, job title and school name.
We offer the Arts Award in theatre and drama and it is…
- a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts
- offered at five levels, four accredited and one introductory award
- a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
- an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
- a link between young people and creative arts professionals
For more information please get in touch with our Learning and Participation department on 01204 556501 or email email@example.com.
"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."